The United States is home for thousands of reputed universities and colleges, which offer wide range of study options. US offer quality education which meets highest educational standards. Every year, the country welcomes high number of international students for study and it is observed that over 4% of international students have been enrolled in the higher level education. If you are a non-resident of US and want to Study in US, then you need to apply for a US student visa. As US student visa issuance process is a lengthy process it is advisable to apply well before three to five months prior to your course.
US student visa from India
If you are an Indian student and if you are planning to study in US, then you have to apply for a US Student Visa depending on your requirements. There are three types of US student visas which include F visa, M visa and J visa.
- If you are willing to study English at a university or if you are seeking to pursue an academic degree at a college or university, then you need to apply for an F visa. F-1, F-2 and F-3 are the three visas which fall under F visa category. The F-1 visa holders are allowed to work for 20 hours or less in a week.
- If you are planning to attend for a vocational study or training or non-academic course then you need to apply for M visa. M-1, M-2 and M-3 are the three visas which fall under M visa category.
- If you are an international exchange visitor willing to participate in programs that promotes cultural exchange, then you should apply for J visa. J-1 and J-2 are the two visas which fall under J visa category.
US Student Visa Requirements
The following are the few requirements which should be met by every individual to attain US student visa.
- The applicant must meet required educational criteria
- Must hold immigration or identity proofs.
- Must carry financial related documents
- The candidate must score required marks in respective competitive exams.
For More information Follow us @ Facebook