International students who are planning to study abroad can go for Hong Kong, as it is one of the most thickly populated countries across with an ample education opportunities and high quality life.
Located in the South Coast of China, this country is a Special Administrative Region. Individuals who are trying to Study in Hong Kong should scrutinize and choose the best university or college to pursue their studies. But, being an overseas national you need to obtain a student visa to study and reside in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Student Visa
The Immigration Department of Hong Kong claims that any individual who do not have a privilege to enter in Hong Kong, but wants to study in Hong Kong should get a valid Hong Kong Student Visa. It permits the individuals to enter and study in Hong Kong. The visa granted for education purpose is a temporary visa issued for a certain period of time to stay a study in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Student Visa Requirements
Below are the requirements for Hong Kong student visa
- Age should be minimum 5 years, 8 months for primary education or below 20 for secondary instruction.
- Must be accepted from the school
- Enough funds to sustain in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Student Visa Eligibility
To apply for Hong Kong student visa, applicants should belong to any of the following criteria:
- Applicants approved in private school enrolled under Education Ordinance or Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance.
- Applicants can pursue their higher studies in full-time course natively licensed post secondary program that includes part-time course or temporary course local licensed skilled postgraduate confined program
- Applicants approved in full-time qualified local programs, at sub degree level for not more than 6 months or non-native products at undergrad for not over one year.
If above criteria matches your criteria, you can apply for Hong Kong student visa.