A student visa or F1 visa is given to international students who are attending English language program or academic program at US University or college. F-1 candidates must keep minimum course for full time students. Students can remain in US up to 60 days. They can work and stay in area of time under OPT program.
Qualification for F1 Visa:
In order to qualify candidate he/she must satisfy following criteria which includes:
• Home country
• Foreign Residency
• Financial Support
All candidates must demonstrate they have tough ties to the home country, which includes a job letter, family, bank accounts, and assets.
F-1 candidate must have foreign residency and must aim to return after completion of their studies.
Candidates must demonstrate sufficient financial support.
For F-1 visa you can study only at the academic institution through visa is granted.
Requirements for Admission:
Many universities have different policies. If you are academically eligible for particular university you need to show sufficient money to support yourself and you must also show health insurance in order to cover all medical expenses. When this process is completed then you are academically eligible. Then they will issue i-20 form in order to apply for your US F1 Student visa.
Where to apply?
Candidates should normally apply at the consultant or US Embassy. Visa applicant can apply at any US consular office abroad. For a permanent residence it may be difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country.
Items to provide with your application:
There are some steps when applying for student visa:
• Application fee: Candidate must pay non refundable application fee. That means if you are visa is not approved you will not give your money back.
• Form-DS-160: For non immigrant visa candidate should fill and submit this form.
• Form-DS-157:This form is for males aged 16 to 45
• Passport: A Valid passport to travel in United States with valid date at least 6 months beyond your period to stay in the United States.
• Photo: you can upload photo in color, size of your head is between 1 3/8 inches and 1 inch.