Students who wish to study in Hong Kong; it is considered to be an ultimate destination because it is one of the most desirable cities in the Asia. Its economy is one of successful economies in whole of Asia. The students apply for Hong Kong Student visa in order to study in Hong Kong as it would much easier for them to get employed as the nation offers numerous employment opportunities to the overseas nationals having skill and education.
The other main reason why students prefer to study in Hong Kong is because it is living cost is comparatively much cheaper when compared to other nations such as Japan in Asia. In this nation, everything right from food to travel and also entertainment, the students need not pay higher amount. This nation has major tourist attractions such as the Giant Buddha, Victoria Harbour and many more.
Step by step requirements to study in Hong Kong
Get a Sponsor: The students before applying for Hong Kong Student visa, they should first nominate a local sponsor. This local sponsor can either be the educational institution who has granted an acceptance of the applicant or an individual who should be of legal age (18 and above) a Hong Kong resident and acquainted to the applicant who is financially capable to support him/her. In such scenari, an Declaration by Financial Sponsor should be completed as well as signed.
A parent/Guardian should also authorize the sponsor to serve as the guardian throughout the applicant’s stay. This is especially important if the applicant is below 18 years old.
Fill necessary form is one of the major requirements for Hong Kong Student Visa.
The application form should be accompanied with
- Awards, Transcripts, and certificates
- A photocopy of letter of admission from preferred university of Hong Kong from which the student intend to study and also letter of acceptance to the specific course.
- Photocopy of the student’s travel document which should contain personal credentials, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable).
- One passport sized photograph
Proof of financial standing such as proof of Scholarship funds, passbooks and bank statements. And other documents needed is
- Highest Public Examination/Academic Result-Photocopy
- Other qualifications such as IELTS or TOEFL (if any)-Photocopy
- Identity Card or equivalent (if any)-Photocopy