Students who are willing to study in US have to apply for a student visa, which is generally known as the F-1 Visa that is issued by the US government to foreign students with a non-immigrant status. The demand for the F-1 visa is on the rise because of the summer, when a large number of the students generally apply for this visa
First and foremost, the students are advised to apply for their visas at an early stage, without worrying about their visa interview. The consul always seeks to grant visas for the eligible candidates without causing any delay.
Tips for successful visa interview for the students
- Students have to speak in English in the visa interview. Therefore, it is suggested to practice good English with an native English speaker.
- Students are advised to provide answers in a short and a precise way because consular officers can spend only few minutes with the applicant.
- The consular officers at the interview expect genuine answers from the students. regarding their course of study, their chosen university, future career plans, educational qualification and also about the information on who will sponsor the program.
- The students have to convince the consular officer that their only intention of going to US is strictly/only for studies. Therefore, it is advised to discuss various job prospects, assets, family ties, and business interests in the home country after the completion of their studies.
Additional information on visa process
- Students are allowed to apply for their visa appointment a maximum of 120 days before the start date mentioned in the I-20 form and are not allowed to enter US more than 30 days prior to the date mentioned in the I-20 form
- Students can apply for this visa at any of the US consulate offices located in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and also at the US Embassy in Delhi.