Are you a foreign national who wish to study in South Africa? Here, you can find information on the South Africa Student Permit requirements and processes. Study in South Africa exposes you to international educational standards and avails you with advanced academic facilities & good support systems.
South Africa Student Permit
An international student who wishes to study in South Africa either at a primary or secondary or territory educational institution must obtain a South Africa Student Permit prior to their entry. The higher educational institution of South Africa will register a student only after acquiring South Africa Student Permit. If you enter the country on a visitor visa then you cannot convert it into a South Africa Student Permit.
South Africa Student Permit requirements
If you are accepted by the educational institution in the South Africa, you need to submit South Africa Student permit application to your nearest South African office abroad. The following are a few requirements to be followed while filing a South Africa Student Permit application:
- Proof stating that you are financially capable of paying fees and supporting yourself during your stay in the country.
- Medical or health insurance coverage
- A medical certificate and a radiological report or skin TB test.
- If the applicant’s age is under 18, then a written permission from both parents and single parent with a proof of sole custody.
- Letter of acceptance and course details
- A police clearance certificate is required for applicants over 18 years.
South Africa Student Permit processing
Upon successful submission of required documents, within six weeks the South Africa Student Permit application will be processed. The holders of South Africa Student Permit can work for 20 hours per week.
For More information Follow us @ Facebook